DIY Candle in a Bag Instructions
Please see below for the instructions to Relume Co's DIY Candle in a Bag Kit:
- Remove the old wax, wicks, and wick clips (a post about how to remove the old wax can be found on my Instagram page)
- Use water and a measuring cup to determine how many ounces of wax your containers can fit. Number of ounces of wax in refill bag is labelled on the package.
- Clean the container with soap and warm water; dry thoroughly.
- Attach the wicks evenly across the surface of the container and attach with hot glue (ideal) or the wick stickers provide (if necessary).
- For wooden wicks: attack the wick clip to the container then slide the piece of wood into the clip.
- Melt the bag of wax. PLEASE BE CAREFUL - THE WAX IS HOT.
- In the microwave: Open wax bag and microwave for 4 minutes. Carefully remove and stir if wax is not fully melted, then return to microwave for 30 more seconds.
- On the stove: open bag and place in pot of water. Heat on high until fully melted.
- Let the container sit for 30 minutes (or until reaches between 130 – 150 degrees F)
- Stir and pour melted wax into prepared container.
- Straighten the wick and allow the wax to cool completely.
- Trim your wick ½ inch above the candle’s surface.
Note: Fragrance will be most potent if you wait 3 days before lighting the candle for the first time.
We hope you enjoy!
Please feel free to message us on Instagram with any questions.